I am sharing another of our favourite vegan store cupboard recipes. This is great with a fresh salad, but failing that we have also eaten it with frozen peas or broccoli. As you may have noticed, we love garlic. And in times like these we do not have think about whether we can eat it without offending anyone the next day! 😜
For two people you will need:
- 300g spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6+ cloves of garlic, depending on their size (or add an extra two or three!)
- 1 packet smoked tofu or vegan bacon, chopped into cubes (normal tofu is also good as long as you season it really well)
- approx 200ml good olive oil
- herbs, dried or fresh, for sprinkling
- vegan parmesan or nutritious yeast for sprinkling
- lots of salt and black pepper
While your spaghetti is cooking, sautée the onion in olive oil until soft, then add the garlic and switch off the heat. In a separate pan fry the tofu in a little olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Mix the onion, garlic and tofu together and serve over the spaghetti. Sprinkle with herbs etc.