I love tulips!
Here are some gorgeous samples to make you smile. They are in a vase because it is Monday and I am joining Cathy at Rambling in the Garden for her Monday meme again.
- Yellow lily-flowered: West Point
- Orange lily-flowered: Ballerina
- Purple: Purple Dream
- Purple with green: Purple Dance
- Pink with green and gold tinge: Amazing Parrot
- Orange and yellow: The packet simply said ‘Parrot’
- Orange with gold and green tinge: Dynasty Orange (Could be a new favourite!)
- 2 x yellow and cream with orangey tips: Akebono (last year‘s favourite and still very much loved)
Click on any image to create a slideshow.
My props this week are my collection of hearts. I never intended to collect them, but they just seem to have multiplied over the years and several have a special meaning, reminding me of loved ones past and present. 😊
What is your favourite tulip? Any recommendations most welcome as I will be looking at Peter Nyssen‘s webiste soon and choosing my tulips for autumn planting. Best to preorder as the best and most popular sell out really quickly. 😉 I will definitely be ordering more of these…
I have been so busy in the garden recently and hope to reveal my new project soon. I also have another store cupboard recipe or two to share later this week for all of you avoiding supermarkets like the…. no, I won‘t say it!
My thoughts are with everyone in lockdown, be it partial or total. Our restrictions are slowly being lifted at last here in Bavaria, and the garden centres are reopening this week, albeit with very strict hygiene regulations. Yay!
Have a good week!